Monday, September 29, 2008

9-29-08

Overall, I thought our trip to Boston was really fun. I liked that we got to see all the places we are learning about like Lexington and Concord because that makes it much more interesting. My favorite thing on the trip was seeing the Old North Church because I thought it was really beautiful in and around the church and I loved the little boxes inside that families sat in.
The worst thing about the trip was waking up so early, especially because I never really adjusted to Boston time, and seeing the USS Constitution. When we got to the boat they were almost closing and we had to go through security. It was really boring because we didn't have tour guides and there was nothing special at all to see.
I would have thought that I would learn the most at Lexington and Concord, but that wasn't really true because we had learned so much about them at school before we came to Boston. I actually learned the most about the colleges. Educational-wise though, I learned a lot about Henry David Thoureau and how he was inspired by nature. I think what I learned about him was especially important to me because I am also in philosophy.

Based on the three colleges we saw, I think I would prefer to go to an urban one. Boston College and Boston University both seemed to have very small class sizes compared to what I expected; I think I would want classes like those. Visiting these places didn't really change my views on college at all though.

No comments: