Thursday, September 25, 2008

9-22-08

Today I woke up at 5:30 in the morning so I could be at the airport by 6:45. That was awful. It was pretty smooth getting onto the plane though; we didn't have to wait aroung too much, yet we weren't rushed either. The flight attendents on the plane were mean and the seatbelt sign was on practically the whole flight so nobody could go to the bathroom. Every time the sign was turned off about half the people on the plane would get up to go and then by the time we were near the front, the sign would go back on and we would have to sit down. Eventually everybody got to go though and there were no accidents so it was fine. The flight felt really long and everyone was tired when we got off even though the time difference is only three hours.
It is really pretty in Boston; I absolutely love all the brick buildings. Our bus driver is nice and told us some basic info about Boston. We stopped at the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner. I wish we had gotten to go to the hotel and settled in and then went out to dinner though. But it was fine and I got a chicken sandwich that was actually pretty good. After we ate, we hung out in Quincy Market. Everybody was really tired and bored so we ended up just hanging out at the meeting point for a long time, which wasn't all that exciting. Then, once everybody was back, we came to the hotel and checked in and got our rooms. We only have two beds for the three of us so Tali and I are sharing a bed and Isa is sleeping in the other one. It is hard to fall asleep at a good time because we are all excited to be here and still getting used to it being three hours later than it feels.

No comments: